Friday, January 30, 2015

I'm Back! ... in the Classroom that is!

I'm back!  I have had such a great time teaching preschool for the last 4 years.  It has been a wonderful experience and a fantastic time of growth for me.  I have a new understanding of starting a project (opening a preschool) and running with ideas to build the best possible experience from the ground up.  I REALLY enjoyed the freedom that came with doing a project like this by myself. I was able to create things that otherwise may not have happened under the direction of someone else and on someone else's dime.  I've also grown in the understanding of child development and the importance and best practices for laying the foundational building blocks of literacy, in both math and reading. 
Today I am back.  Back in the classroom, hanging out with Kindergartners and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face for anything.  The classroom is where I belong and the new and exciting possibilities for the future make it clear that my life is blessed.  And although the traffic is a bear, the day will be great.  Even with its challenges. 
Happy Learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment